Earn a well-recognized and respected cybersecurity credential from the University of Pittsburgh by taking just five courses, offered in a blended (online and on-campus) format.
Our cybersecurity professional education program spans a wide range of subject matter in both technical issues and cyber management, giving you the depth and breadth you need to meet the demands of the market and stand apart from your colleagues.
What Will I Learn?
You'll examine critical issues, gain competencies, and learn in-demand cybersecurity skills from respected academics and recognized industry experts. A cybersecurity credential from the Professional Institute will prepare you to:
- Identify, assess, and manage cybersecurity risks throughout your organization.
- Leverage best practices to build a cybersecurity governance framework.
- Recognize vulnerabilities in network defenses and create secure networks.
- Implement cryptographic protocols on your enterprise network.
- Build high-assurance secured software systems.
- Think like a hacker in order to stay one step ahead of potential threats.
Courses will vary in length based on the individual topic. Each course is designed asynchronously—meaning it can be accessed at any time—and starts with an online module that culminates in two days of on-site sessions. Students are expected to complete all online coursework prior to the start of on-campus sessions.
Tailor a custom curriculum that meets your specific needs when you choose from the following:
- Introduction to Information Security & Privacy
- Risk Management and Governance
- Network Security & Monitoring
- Vulnerabilities, Threats, and Attacks
- Offensive Boot Camp I: Understanding Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- Offensive Boot Camp II: Penetration Testing
- Cryptographic Tools and Techniques
- Building Secure Systems
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response
- Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Regulation
- Policy, Standards, and Control
- Data Security and Privacy