Offensive Boot Camp I: Understanding Vulnerabilities & Exploits
Understanding Vulnerabilities & Exploits is the first of two courses offered in our Offensive Boot Camp series.
Tuition Fee: $2,000
Length: six weeks of online asynchronous and synchronous instruction
Instructor: Mike Gualtieri
Offensive security is a staple of modern cybersecurity strategies, critical for evaluating the effectiveness of defensive controls. A favorite among students, Offensive Boot Camp I: Understanding Vulnerabilities & Exploits provides students with practical, hands-on training in the identification and exploitation of software flaws that affect modern computing systems.
Determine the cause and impact of common software flaws that impact today’s businesses. Gain insight into how attackers target modern networks and software applications as well as how to gauge risk and exposure.
This course, and the subsequent Offensive Boot Camp II, benefits professionals working in a variety of IT roles and is a must for software developers, software engineers, and those transitioning into information security roles.
Create secure infrastructures with the first course in our Offensive Boot Camp series.
Skills You’ll Learn
- Analyze modern computing environments to uncover and exploit security flaws in a structured lab environment
- Identify weaknesses and common flaws found in Linux and Windows operating systems
- Exploit OWASP Top 10 and other web security vulnerabilities through hands-on experience
Before taking this course, you should be able to:
- Give a brief description of client/server architecture, network sockets, transport protocols (TCP vs. UDP), and application protocols (e.g. HTTP, FTP, SSH, DNS, etc.).
- Comfortably use the Linux and Windows command line, and use command-line text editors (e.g. vi and vim) to edit and read files.
But what if I don’t have programming experience or coding knowledge?
If you have any further questions about whether Offensive Boot Camp is the right course for you, please email us at SCIProfessional@pitt.edu.