Network Security & Monitoring
Tuition Fee: $1,000
Length: four weeks of online asynchronous and synchronous instruction
Instructor: Austin Whisnant
Having a solid network security system reduces the risk of data theft and sabotage. Network Security & Monitoring applies concepts within the context of well-known network attack techniques to prepare you to face real-world threats against your organization’s network.
Gain insight into secure network architectures, protocols for securing network traffic, and network defense tools like firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Learn how to analyze networks for vulnerabilities, determine the correct tools and techniques to mitigate these vulnerabilities, and implement defensive measures to protect your network from attacks in Network Security & Monitoring.
Skills You’ll Learn
- Create secure network architectures
- Identify vulnerabilities in network defenses
- Apply network defense tools and techniques
- Determine and implement appropriate network security protocols
Before taking this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the basic operation of common network protocols at a high level. This may include DNS, HTTP, FTP, SSH, routing protocols, LDAP, ARP, DHCP, and others.
- Correctly place network components (switches, routers, hosts, etc.) and protocols (such as the above) into levels of the TCP/IP and OSI Models.
- Describe common components of enterprise network architectures, such as physical network devices, databases, user directories, etc. and the ways they interact with each other.
*A CompTIA Network+ certification will meet these prerequisites but is not required.