Introduction to Information Security and Privacy
Tuition Fee: $1,000
Length: four weeks of online asynchronous and synchronous instruction
Instructor: Tyler Brooks
For a crucial field like cybersecurity, professionals need a solid foundation to start from as they build their skills. Our course Introduction to Information Security & Privacy lays this foundation for you to gain a better understanding of the main areas in which cybersecurity plays a key role and how you can help to ensure data security and privacy in your organization.
Examine how legislation has shaped cybersecurity in the United States. Learn strategies to assess network security, best practices for mitigating risks, techniques for identifying vulnerabilities, and much more to start your cybersecurity journey off on the right foot.
Skills You’ll Learn
- Master the fundamentals of securing data, systems, and networks
- Address key security challenges in computer systems and networks through cybersecurity techniques and best practices
- Apply risk management techniques and recognize how risks manifest in enterprise networks
- Understand how information privacy and data ownership affect the ways data must be stored, accessed, and curated
Before taking this course, you should be able to:
- Name the basic functions of RAM, disk/storage, processor, GPU, motherboard, and peripherals.
- Recognize and define basic networking concepts such as IP addresses, client-server architecture, encryption, routing, and firewalls.
- Comfortably interact with basic Windows and/or Linux operating systems and/or command lines.
Start: October 24th Apply Here.